2007 Admissions and Fees
- No Pets Allowed only Service Dogs will be allowed on the fairgrounds during the fair.
- NO motorcycles or ATV's are permitted on the fairgrounds.
- State of Maine laws pertaining to selling of liquor, beer and
wine and pertaining to gambling and games of chance shall be strictly
- No vehicles are allowed in the infield after 9:00 AM during the
- No children under 10 years of age should be left on the
Trailer and Camper Rules:
- Campers should not be on the grounds before Wednesday, August 22th
- No Jacuzzi Tubs are allowed.
- All overnight camping must be in the designated area unless
otherwise instructed by Fair Officials.
- All campers and trailers will enter through Gate #3. Water and
Electricity will be furnished except in Emergency situations.
- Parking attendants will show you where to park your campers and
- Beef and Dairy exhibitors will be assigned camper space, by the
according to the number of cattle exhibited.
- Campers must be self contained or they will not be allowed to
camp on the grounds.
- Unpaid camper fees for exhibitors will be deducted from premiums.
For further info call Richard Burke at: (207) 457-1185
Fair Livestock Exhibitors and Concessionaries - $35.00
All others (including those entering parade) - $60.00
$15.00 addtional if Air conditioning and heat is desired
$25.00 for camping without electricity or water
(These fees do not include passes)
Thursday: $5.00 for adults
Friday: $5.00 for adults (Senior citizens $2.00 until 4:00 PM)
Saturday: $6.00 for adults
Sunday: $6.00 for adults
Children under 12 are free each day
Parking on the fairgrounds is $3.00
No Refunds or Rainchecks given.
Fiesta Shows will have rides for all ages for the enjoyment of everyone.
They will also have pay one price times available for you.
Look for $2.00 off coupons in your local stores.
Wrist bands will be sold from 4:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. for $14.00.
Ride as many times as you like form 4:00 PM until the fair closes.
Wrist bands will be sold from noon until 4:00 P.M.
Ride as many times as you want until 5:00 P.M.
(Exhibition Buildings are open Thursday-Saturday from 9:00 A.M.
to 10:00 P.M.
Sunday from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)
- All Beef and Dairy Herds, Sheep and all 4-H
Livestock, including 4-H Llamas and Goats
must be on the grounds by 8:30 A.M. Thursday and remain until 5:00 PM
- Open Beef and Dairy shows will be open to residents of
York County Maine. The 4-H Dairy Show will be open to residents of York
and Cumberland Counties.
- Entries of Handicraft, Art & Flowers will be received
on Tuesday from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., and on Wednesday from 9:00 A.M.
- The 4-H Hall Exhibits must be in the building by 7:00 P.M.
- Entries of Fruits and Vegetables, and Farm Displays will
be received on
Tuesday from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. and on Wednesday from 9:00 A.M. to
- Grange Agricultural and Domestic Exhibits must be in place
by 8:00 P.M. Tuesday.
Judging will begin at 9:00 A.M. on Wednesday.
- ALL livestock entries, including pulling and show
should be sent to the superintendant of the
department you are entering by August 1, with your certificate of $300,000.00 liability insurance.
- ALL 4-H Livestock entries should be sent to the
extensions office at 41 Shaw's Ridge Road, Sanford, Maine 04073, by
Late entries will be received only by permission of the person
And to the superintendant of the open show you
are entering in by August 1, with your certificate of $300,000.00 liability insurance.
but no entries can be received after the judging
of that class starts.
- All Exhibits must be in place and in full
display until 5:00 P.M., Sunday,
unless special permission of the Superintendant of that Department is
- The Association will not be responsible for any exhibits
not claimed by 7:00 P.M., Sunday.
Premium List Rules:
- If entries are received in excess of the
accommodations available, the management
reserves the right to reject entries at its discretion.
- All exhibits must be entered in the name of the owner
- Exhibits will be accepted from reidents of York County
except otherwise provided in Premium Book.
- Horses exhibited and each herd of cattle exhibited must be
in the parade on track unless special permission is granted,
otherwise, the premiums will be witheld.
- Dairy products, fruits, vegetables and domestic articles must have been made or raised by the exhibitors thereof.
- Exhibitors will have the right to sell their exhibits, but
same must not be removed during the Fair.
Violation of this rule will be sufficient grounds for witholding all
- No premiums will be awarded unless the article is
- Objective exhibits of any kind will not be allowed on the
- Although the Society takes special precautions for the
safety of all exhibits after they are placed on exhibition,
it will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur either
to or by them.
- The law against liquor selling and gambling will be
- The management does not anticipate that it will necessary to prorate or
defer the premiums,
but if on account of weather, failure to receive State Aid, or other
causes beyond its control there not being sufficient available funds,
the association reserves the right to do so.
- The assiciation will no be responsible for any typoraphical errors.
Premium lists and other information can be obtained through the Secretary:
Lista C. Staples
178 Nason Road
Shapleigh, Maine 04076